Maybe I’m not the best sorority girl ever, but 90% of these don’t apply to me. Regardless of that fact, I still find them hilarious, somewhat appropriate, and whether they apply to me or not, 100% TRUE!
1. You wish you could rock an XL t-shirt and shorts every day at work.
I never did this in the first place….
2. You still get the urge to craft sorority swag.
I mean, who doesn’t?
3. You can recite the Greek alphabet.
Pretty sure I failed this during pledging
4. This is your go-to movie when you miss your sisters.
5. And when you’re desperate, you reread the book.
It’s a pretty ok book
6. This is your reaction when people say you paid for your friends:
7. You can’t resist getting anything with your sorority symbol on it.
True Life: I’m Obsessed
8. This still holds true:
Guilty as charged
9. You’re guilty of this:
That looks uncomfortable…
10. But, seriously, this is your best look.
The squat AND the skinny arm
11. You know the difference between these:
I know the meanings, but never use them properly, whoops.
12. You never stop reminding people which celebrity was a member of your sorority.
One of the best!
13. You loved your philanthropy and you still volunteer for the cause.
ADPi <3 Ronald McDonald House
14. You find ways to apply what you learned in your sorority to your day-to-day life.
15. You refuse to throw away your old formal dresses.
Formal dresses are long gone. Bridesmaids dresses from Sister’s weddings have taken over
16. You are always finding new uses for your old sorority shirts.
Mine are my go-to gym shirts!
17. After a few glasses of wine you start singing your old pledge song.
Dirty Dozen weekend…
18. You actually look forward to getting your monthly newsletter.
I do, genuinely, enjoy reading this
19. Whenever you meet a new sister, you bust out the secret handshake.
New sister, old sister, cab driver. Same thing.
20. You can hardly remember your bank account number but you’ll never forget your chapter’s history.
21. All of your bridesmaids were your sorority sisters.
22. You’re always trying to get celebrities to throw your sorority symbol.
Luke Bryan, Swoon!
23. You keep a photo like this framed on your desk at work.
24. If you see your sorority animal, you have to take a picture with it.
Alphie is pretty popular!
25. After all this time, you still feel uncomfortable around girls from your rival sorority.
We’re pretty panhellenic around these parts
26. Now engagement announcements seem boring compared to a candle pass.
27. You really wish you could trade your board meetings for chapter meetings.
28. All your friends are having babies, but these girls will always be your “babies”:
29. You prefer your sorority big sister to your actual big sister.
30. You miss your complicated sorority family, even if you could barely keep track of them.
Special love for all these ladies
31. Sure, you love your new apartment, but this will forever be the best place you ever lived:
We had a Sorority DORM, not a mansion, so I think I can do a little better.
32. Sometimes you wear your sorority colors when you’re feeling particularly nostalgic.
Everyday we wear Blue & White
33. Sorority alumni events are the highlight of your weekends.
Does it count as an alumni event if it’s just the 3 of us? And wine is involved?
34. When all else fails, you throw what you know.
35. And you know even after all this time you’ll always be sisters for life.